Thursday, June 10, 2010

Challenges

As a Supreme Master of Awesomeness and Excellence Floral Designer (SMAEFD), I have been presented with a good number of difficult design tasks over the years. A few that come to mind, in no particular order, are adding sugar cubes to a corsage (Sweet 16), making a giant funeral piece shaped like a musical note, flowers for a Hummer, making baby socks into rosebuds, and incorporating Coors Light cans into an arrangement. The other day, I had a request that nearly pushed me to the edge. They wanted an arrangement in MU colors (gasp!!). That is a tough pill to take for any Jayhawk that bleeds red and blue. But I swallowed my KU pride...and I did it for the customer. Not to say it wasn't hard...but I pushed through and was able to accomplish this great task set before me with minimal twitching. :o)

Behold...the gold and black Mizzou Kitty-Cat masterpiece....



And...just to balance things out...here's a picture of some gorgeous red and blue arrangements I made a few weeks ago for a KU graduation. Ahhhh...now that is a thing of beauty.... :o)

1 comment:

Jan said...

Absolutely wonderful. It is always great to balance things out.