Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rest in peace Louisie

So earlier this week, Mary Margaret, one of my very best customers, calls me from Texas needing to order some flowers for a funeral for the mother of her sister-in-law Trish. She didn't want to send anything to the church, because she thought that there would be several arrangements there. She wanted to send something to the home, for the party that would be held following the burial. Mary Margaret gave me some information about the deceased, the main point being that she was an 82 year old, very Irish, super sassy-pants that LOVED to drink her Coors Light from a straw. So the theme of this flower arrangement was to be based around Coors Light and green flowers (Bells of Ireland). I've had some odd requests before...but none to date that have involved beer cans. So this is what I came up with.


And this is the response that Mary Margaret got...
"I had to tell you what a hit that arrangement was! I was sitting there when it was delivered and you should have seen the look on Trish's face. She ABSOLUTELY loved it! Everyone was talking about it and how dang clever you are. We all kind of hated you for that. "Why couldn't we think of that" was the buzz. You totally made her day. I think that was better than you even being there in person!"


And this is the response that I got from Mary Margaret....
"Once again, I got all the credit for your hard work. Thanks for making me look so good, although the crack about the flowers being better than my being there was unnecessary. Trish called me yesterday to thank me herself for the arrangement. She said she was feeling pretty down when they returned from the cemetery but when she walked in and saw that arrangement it made her laugh and lifted her spirits. It was perfect and did exactly what it was supposed to do."


This is why I love owning a flower shop. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely wonderful! You are truly a gifted and talented florist!!!!!