Saturday, November 14, 2009

First Time for Everything

We did a wedding on October 31st for a lovely couple, Sam and Roukoz. Sam is from Jordan, where one of the wedding traditions is to place a garland of fresh flowers on the bride and grooms vehicle. This vehicle happened to be a GIGANTIC Hummer Limousine.



I have been doing flowers for 15 years now, and have never once been asked to put flowers on a car. Needless to say, I was a *smidge* panicked about the whole thing. Those of you who know me personally, you know that MY *smidge* is often much more than a normal persons *smidge*. ;o) I had nightmares every night for a week before the wedding about the flowers not attaching to the limo, the whole thing falling off right in the middle of pictures, even the roses sprouting little evil monsters that ate the limo driver (okay, not really, but I had to put something in there to make it seem a little more nightmarish!) However, everything went off without a hitch, and I attached the whole thing in a matter of minutes. Here I am, passed out in relief that I was able to complete the enormous task set before me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! I bet you used alot of plastic covered wire. What did they do with the flowers afterwards?????

Rebecca said...

That is a big thing over in Europe! If you lived over there you'd be doing that all the time!

Joyce's Flowers said...

I went to get the flowers at the end of the evening after they were done with the limo. They got tossed in the trunk of my car, where they sat for the rest of the weekend. I know....I know....I'm already hearing the agonized shrieks of flower lovers all over......

Joyce's Flowers said...

Rebecca---At least now I know how to do it...so it would be a breeze! My friend Lisa lives over in Germany, and she said the same thing, that it's very common.

Doris said...

Hi, I was just searching online for flowers on a hummer and found your site. My buddy is getting married and I too have never made flowers for a HUMMER! If you have any tips or advice please help!!!

Joyce's Flowers said...

Doris-
Oasis makes something called a *Place-It* holder...it's a square chunk in a cage, with a giant suction cup on the back, I used two of those on each end, put flowers into them, then wired a garland to string between them. The suction cups are VERY strong...the limo was on the highway at 70 mph and they never even budged. Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck!!! :o)