Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm for REAL!!

When I meet with brides to discuss their wedding flowers, I usually try to straighten up my office and clean myself up a smidge. By cleaning myself up, I mean digging the dirt out from underneath my fingernails, picking the greenery out of my hair, and wiping off any flower gunk that has gotten smeared on the side of my face. Playing with flowers all day is just NOT conducive to pristine cleanliness.

I met with a bride a few weeks ago after a particularly busy day, and was not able to tidy up as much as I would have liked. In the middle of our meeting, she commented on my fingernails. *I like that your nails are dirty. It makes you more authentic. Just like my dad always said, *Never trust a mechanic with clean hands.**

So, from now on, I shall stop spending so much time cleaning my nails (unless I plan to be eating something sans utensils!), and if people say anything about them, I'll just proudly inform them that I am AUTHENTIC. :o)

2 comments:

lori042499 said...

Sarah, for real is so right!!! Love the dirty hands, means you work hard to make all those peoples flowers perfect...

Unknown said...

Your nails are perfect! Grow them much more longer. And then take photo them to the internet.