Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pre-Joyce's Flowers

My building is somewhere in the vicinity of 100 years old. I've heard a lot of different stories about what kinds of businesses have lived here...mostly I've heard about various barber shops and hair salons. I have always wanted to see pictures of the house from "back in the day"...being the curious creature that I am. Someone told me once that a woman had lived here in the 70's. My neighbor, who owns My Granny's Attic (a great little antique shop!) got a big box full of pictures the other day and found this one for me. It doesn't have a date, but I'm guessing somewhere in the 1950's or 60's. There are a few changes, but all in all, it looks pretty darn close to how it does today! Minus of course, all the pretty flowers. :o) If you can't read the sign, it says "Glenda and Johnny's Plastercraft Accessories". Don't really know what a plastercraft accessory is...but I think that the picture is really cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having grown up in the area, I remember the row of shops there. I used to wait for the "city" bus where the alteration shop is today. It was a "drugstore" type with food and drinks.